Sunday 3 September 2017

Blog 98 - Happy Father's Day!


Wishing all fathers a very happy day. May you be spoilt and feel the love and appreciation for you.



My father passed away in 2003. The older I get and the more I learn about society's biases and beliefs towards people with disabilities and who are different, the more I realise that both my parents were trail blazers in many ways. They didn't hide me away. They wanted me to have a regular life like my siblings. They loved me, believed in me and they were proud of my achievements. And for that I am truly thankful.



Today I took the annual Father's Day picture of my husband and our three children. My husband too adores his children, has the belief that our children can do anything, and is proud of their achievements no matter how big or small. He fights the prejudices that still remain in the world.


This is my daughter singing 'Happy Father's Day.'


Here are two great men I have been blessed to know, who have gone against society's prejudices and forged ahead to make the best life they can for their children.

Do you know a man like them?




1 comment: